Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Zoo

Noah catching a penguins attention.
We went to the Dallas zoo this weekend. This would be Noah's 2nd trip, and it was funny watching his mind get blown a few times. 

Once he finally noticed the lizards and other creepy things moving around in their cages, he started looking for them. We also went into Lorikeet bird cage, and Noah was absolutely fascinated, especially when one landed on my head and another on my shoulder. I was terrified, but not the point.

The trip went pretty good. He got his freedom to walk around quite a bit, which he loves doing now. He finally did get worn out enough that he let us put him in his stroller. Victory!

OMG BIRDS!!!
There have been quite a few milestones that he's passed since I've posted last. I know I need to post more. I have no excuses.

We'll work backwards, maybe that'll help me remember things better.

It's been about a month since I was laying him down in his crib for the night, per our usual routine, and minutes later he comes strutting out. 

"Mama? Daddy?"

Yeah, he'd climbed out of his crib, and that was the beginning of long month of night fights as he adjusted to his new toddler bed. Some nights were really bad, some he went right to sleep with no hassle. He was also very good about staying in his bed when he'd wake up in the middle of the night. He'd cry, but wouldn't leave the bed. I think that time is over now.

Couple days ago, he was fussing some around 3am or so, and when I got up to check on him, I found him laying in the hallway floor. Funny.

Then last night, he woke me up as he was crawling over me to get in our bed. Okay. So that's happening
Snake!
now.

Another thing that's happening now is we are allowing him into the kitchen more, supervised of course. Last week he went running in there and grabbed the paper towels. Jesse stopped him, telling him they weren't a toy, and Noah responded with, "Mess!"

So Jesse asked him to show him the mess, and sure enough, Noah brought him over to where he'd spilled a few drops of soda. So Noah got the paper towels and cleaned it up. Very cute!

And last week he gave me a flower.

There's so much more that he does, and has done. It's something cute on a daily basis, I wish I could record it all!.


No comments:

Post a Comment